This Dark Chest of Wonders: 40 Years of The Stand Andy Burns
Artist: Vincent Chong
In September 1978, Stephen King published The Stand, a massive, post-apocalyptic story that captured the imagination of his growing legion of Constant Readers, introducing them to his ultimate villain, Randall Flagg. Over the course of the decade, the tale of good and evil only gained in popularity, leading to the 1990 publication of The Stand: Complete and Uncut, that gave audiences the author's original vision for his novel.
In This Dark Chest of Wonders: 40 Years of Stephen King's The Stand, Andy Burns (Wrapped In Plastic: Twin Peaks, BiffBamPop.com) tells the story behind the story of King's enduring opus, and delves deep into its various incarnations — the unfilmed George A. Romero adaptation; the 1994 ABC mini-series; the audiobook; and Marvel Comics' adaptation.
Included are exclusive interviews with King experts Bev Vincent and Robin Furth, Mick Garris, Jamie Sheridan, WG Snuffy Walden, Grover Gardner, Ralph Macchio, Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa and Mike Perkins.
This Dark Chest of Wonders: 40 Years of The Stand delivers a complete and uncut look into one of Stephen King's most enduring achievements.
Signed Limited Edition Specifications:
- Limited to just 1,000 signed copies
- Personally signed by the author on a unique signature page
- Printed on 60# acid-free paper
- Featuring a high-end binding with colored head and tail bands
- Printed and bound with custom endsheets
- Featuring hot foil stamping on the front boards and spine
- Smyth sewn to create a more durable binding
- Limited ONE TIME printing of this special edition
- Sold out at the publisher