Night Moves (Thunderstorm) Mary SanGiovanni
Black Voltage #103
From award-winning author Mary SanGiovanni comes a collection of some of her best short fiction to date. NIGHT MOVES is a frightening journey through the shadowed and often deadly lands that overlap our world…and others. Love and loss, self-respect and self-image, obsession and compulsion, and the things that drive people slowly insane carve a path through the darkness:
- An ancient, silent evil from beneath an abandoned theater hunts those who invaded its sanctuary.
- A mother’s grief opens a door to a realm of shadows.
- The death of a woman’s fiancee initiates a fate worse than death.
- An apartment in a run-down building contains the darkest secrets of known and unknown universes.
- A wellness retreat in the woods becomes ground zero for a horrible otherworldly discovery.
- A grown woman’s loss of her teeth, one by one, is only the beginning of the unthinkable changes in her life.
- A traumatic memory comes back to haunt a woman who had run all the way to Japan to try to escape from her own guilt and loneliness.
Ancient gods and monsters abound in small towns of Americana past and of the not-too-distant future.
It is indeed funny how the night moves, and in it, the monsters are closing in….
Limited to 52 signed and numbered copies