Misery Stephen King
|Limited Edition - Consignment||$8,000.00|
|Gift Edition||SOLD OUT|
Dust jacket and interior illustrations by Rick Berry
Originally published in 1987, Misery was nominated for the World Fantasy Award for Best Novel in 1988, and was later made into an Academy Award winning film starring Kathy Bates and James Caan, as well as an off-Broadway play of the same name.
Misery’s protagonist is Paul Sheldon, a writer famed for his Victorian-era romance novels that revolve around the life and loves of Misery Chastain. Following the completion of his latest book, Paul is rescued from a near fatal car crash by his self-proclaimed #1 fan Annie Wilkes, who transports the writer to her home only to hold him hostage after discovering what Paul has done to Misery in his latest book. Annie forces Paul to write a new book modifying the story – no matter what it takes.
Gift Edition Specifications
- Measures 7.5” x 10.5”, and features eight new full-color illustrations by Rick Berry, whose critically acclaimed work includes the Donald M. Grant editions of The Talisman and Black House by Stephen King and Peter Straub
- Smyth-Sewn binding.
- Full Imperial cloth covering.
- Two-hits Stamping on Front and Spine.
- Silk head and tail bands.
- Beautiful full-color wrap around dust jacket art by Rick Berry, only available on the Artist Gift edition.
- Offset printed on Mohawk Superfine Eggshell paper.
- Housed in a custom printed slipcase.
- Signed by Rick Berry.
- Limited to 1250 copies
NUMBERED EDITION (OUT OF PRINT)
- Smyth-Sewn binding.
- Full Japanese cloth, featuring a blind stamped front cover, and a leather spine label stamped in gold leaf.
- Printed letterpress on Crane's Lettra 100% cotton paper.
- Limited to 200 copies, of which the first 185 are for sale and numbered in black. The remaining 15 copies are numbered in red and reserved for private distribution.
- Housed in a custom clamshell box.
- Signed by Stephen King and Rick Berry.
- note: Lay-away is not an option with the consignment limited
We have a Limited Edition set of the Book, still in its original box and a bunch of "Swag" that was available with it as pictured below:
- Envelope with assorted stuff