This book is not yet in stock, but you can pre-order it now.
Gwendy’s Magic Feather (SST Version) Richard Chizmar
Foreword by Stephen King
Featuring a foreword by Stephen King discussing this first novel ever set in Castle Rock written by another author!
Something evil has swept into the small western Maine town of Castle Rock on the heels of the latest winter storm. Sheriff Norris Ridgewick and his team are desperately searching for two missing girls, but time is running out to bring them home alive.
In Washington D.C., thirty-seven-year-old Gwendy Peterson couldn't be more different from the self-conscious teenaged girl who once spent a summer running up Castle Rock's Suicide Stairs. That same summer, she was entrusted—or some might say cursed—with the extraordinary button box by Richard Farris, the mysterious stranger in the black suit. The seductive and powerful box offered Gwendy small gifts in exchange for its care and feeding until Farris eventually returned, promising Gwendy she'd never see the box again.
One day, though, the button box shows up without warning—and without Richard Farris to explain why, or what she's supposed to do with it. The mysterious reappearance of the box, along with the troubling disappearances in Castle Rock, leads Gwendy home again...where she just might be able to help rescue the missing girls and stop a madman before he does something ghastly.
From New York Times bestseller Richard Chizmar comes Gwendy's Magic Feather, a breathtaking novel that asks whether our lives are controlled by fate or the choices we make—and what price we might have to pay for those choices when we reach for the things we most desire. Prepare to return again to Stephen King's Castle Rock, the sleepy little town built on a bedrock of deep, dark secrets, which is about to awaken from its quiet slumber once more.
Signed & Slipcased Numbered Limited Edition:
- Limited to only 600 signed and hand-numbered copies
- Specially designed full-colour illustrated signature page personally signed by Richard Chizmar & Vincent Sammy
- Full-colour artwork frontispiece printed on silk art stock & tipped into the front of the book
- Deluxe oversized trim size (7”x10” approx.)
- Printed on 90gsm acid-free paper, with your archive and legacy in mind
- Bound in a deluxe material (to match Gwendy’s Button Box) with coloured head and tail bands
- Hot foil stamping on the front boards and spine for the ultimate presentation
- Offset printed and bound with full-colour endpapers
- Sewn binding for increased durability
- Gorgeous wrap-around dust jacket art by Vincent Sammy
- Featuring TEN stunning never-before-seen interior illustrations
- Sewn-in ribbon page marker
- Housed in a custom-made slipcase
- Exclusive Bonus Material & Signatures to be announced!