Cardinal Black (SST Version) Robert McCammon
Cardinal Black is the latest installment in Robert McCammon's unique series of historical thrillers featuring Matthew Corbett, professional problem solver, who has been called "the Early American James Bond."
December 1703 finds Berry Grigsby living as Mary Lynn Nash in a small English village where she has fallen victim to Professor Fell's involuntary drug experiments. Her mind is quickly deteriorating under the drug’s influence, and the only way to save her is a potion book that was stolen in an attack on the village orchestrated by a mysterious madman going by the name Cardinal Black.
Matthew Corbett has volunteered to travel with Julian Devane, a self-proclaimed "fool and bad man" in the employ of Professor Fell, to hunt down the potion book. They follow the trail to London, where the book will be sold at a secret auction. Matthew and Julian manage to secure a seat at the auction by masquerading as respected and feared underground operatives, but to prevail in their high-stakes mission, they will require help from a very unlikely source. Even if they are successful, their race to save Berry Grigsby will leave a trail of destruction in its wake.
Cardinal Black is another extraordinary achievement from one of America's most skilled authors, and it features some of the most memorable, compelling, and chilling characters in the Matthew Corbett series to date, each with their own competing agendas. This masterful historical adventure is perfectly balanced for long-time fans of the series and new readers alike who are now joining the adventure.
Signed & Slipcased Numbered Limited Edition Specification
- Limited to only 474 signed & hand numbered copies
- Special illustrated signature page personally signed by the author & artist
- Printed on a specialty thicker acid-free paper stock reserved for higher-end limited editions
- Bound in Silk with coloured head and tail bands. (This silk-bound special edition comes without a dust jacket to properly display the beautiful material and foil stamping illustration)
- Hot foil stamping on the front boards and spine
- Offset printed and bound with full-colour custom marbled endpapers
- Sewn binding for increased durability
- Featuring FIVE full-colour interior illustrations printed on a special gloss stock & tipped into the book
- Sewn-in ribbon page marker
- Housed in a custom-made slipcase
- Extremely limited ONE-TIME printing of only 474 copies!