This book is not yet in stock, but you can pre-order it now.
Best of British Science Fiction 2019 (edited by) Donna Scott
Cover Artist: Les Edwards
Twenty-two stories, selected by editor Donna Scott from disparate places, that represent some of the best SF published anywhere in 2019: stories of heroism, stories of loss, stories of wonder.
In this volume you will encounter tales in which creatures are cut off from their loved ones; someone is trapped with an abuser; a bird sings; weeds grow where we hope for a garden; we consider what our alternative selves might be doing; we can’t sleep; we wish we could keep things just the way they were; we drink too much… and we look to rockets blasting off into the sky and think that there lies the future; that’s hope.
Best of British Science Fiction 2019 is once again edited by Donna Scott, a recent chair of the BSFA and a distinguished poet, writer, and stand-up comedian. Donna is also a free-lance editor who has worked behind the scenes for a number of major publishers over the course of several years.
- 2019: An Introduction – Donna Scott
- The Anxiety Gene – Rhiannon Grist
- The Land of Grunts and Squeaks – Chris Beckett
- For Your Own Good – Ian Whates
- Neom – Lavie Tidhar
- Once You Start – Mike Morgan
- For the Wicked, Only Weeds Will Grow – G. V. Anderson
- Fat Man in the Bardo – Ken MacLeod
- Cyberstar – Val Nolan
- The Little People – Una McCormack
- The Loimaa Protocol – Robert Bagnall
- The Adaptation Point – Kate Macdonald
- The Final Ascent – Ian Creasey
- A Lady of Ganymede, a Sparrow of Io – Dafydd McKimm
- Snapshots – Leo X. Robertson
- Witch of the Weave – Henry Szabranski
- Parasite Art – David Tallerman
- Galena – Liam Hogan
- Ab Initio – Susan Boulton
- Ghosts – Emma Levin
- Concerning the Deprivation of Sleep – Tim Major
- Every Little Star – Fiona Moore
- The Minus-Four Sequence – Andrew Wallace
- About the Authors
Limited numbered hardcover signed by the editor