This book is not yet in stock, but you can pre-order it now.
Detours (edited by) Brian James Freeman
|Limited Edition||SOLD OUT|
Edited by Brian James Freeman
Cover artwork by Tomislav Tikulin
Featuring Stephen King, William Peter Blatty, Dean Koontz, Clive Barker, Peter Straub, Kelley Armstrong, Michael Koryta, David Morrell, Michael Marshall and Michael Marshall Smith, Chet Williamson, Poppy Z. Brite, Stewart O'Nan, and Owen King!
Featuring artwork by Mark Edward Geyer, Donn Albright, Erin S. Wells, Glenn Chadbourne, Will Renfro, Jill Bauman, Chris Odgers, Steve Gilberts, Alex McVey, and Keith Minnion!
Every now and then your favorite author takes a detour while writing a new novel: a chapter gets chopped, a connected short story is dreamed up, an essay about the book's origins is composed, or an oddity is created on a day off.
Collected here together for the first time are detours by Stephen King, William Peter Blatty, Dean Koontz, Clive Barker, Peter Straub, Kelley Armstrong, Michael Koryta, David Morrell, Michael Marshall and Michael Marshall Smith, Chet Williamson, Poppy Z. Brite, Stewart O'Nan, and Owen King.
Join these bestselling authors as they share the other works they wrote while they were writing the books you already know and love.
Table of Contents:
- "Introduction" by Brian James Freeman
- "Memory" by Stephen King
- "When I was Twenty-four and Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth" by Dean Koontz
- "Peter and PTR: Two Deleted Prefaces and an Introduction" by Peter Straub
- "An Abandoned Fragment" by Ray Bradbury
- "The Hunt" by Kelley Armstrong
- "Winter Takes All" by Michael Koryta
- "Dead Image" by David Morrell
- "The Curious Odyssey of James Deacon (AKA James Dean)"/ "Where Darkness is the Only Light" by David Morrell
- "Spares: The Missing First Chapter" by Michael Marshall Smith
- "The Straw Men: Excerpt from Ch. 29, First Draft" by Michael Marshall
- "Ash Wednesday: The Missing Chapter" by Chet Williamson
- "Lost Chapter From the First Draft of Lost Souls" by Poppy Z. Brite
- "The Ghost Ship: An Unfinished Manuscript" by Stewart O'Nan
- "If There Were Demons Then Perhaps There Were Angels: William Peter Blatty's Own Story of The Exorcist" by William Peter Blatty
- "The Curator" by Owen King
- "A Night's Work" by Clive Barker
Limited Edition Hardcover of just 1000 hand-numbered copies signed by the editor and the artists, bound in full-cloth, and Smyth sewn and sold out pre-publication at the publisher